This recipe is for fresh jam. I mean you make it and you eat it. You can put it in a jar and keep the left over in the refrigerator for about a week, but since it has absolutely no preservatives and is not canned or frozen, it's refrigerated shelf life is about the same as fresh fruit.
It is really delicious, just like eating fresh fruit. I love it spooned over waffles, or on a toasted bagel, but my favorite is spreading it on a fresh croissant. YUM !
3 cups of fresh strawberries (can use frozen)
2 tablespoons of chia seeds (to make it gel)
2 to 3 tablespoons of honey (to taste)
- Soak the chia seeds in 1/4 cup water for 20 minutes
- After soaking, put the chia seeds, one cup of berries and 2 tablespoons of honey in a blender and pulverize on the highest setting
- Take the remaining strawberries and mince them very small
- Put everything in a bowl and stir
- Taste and add more honey if needed
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours
I hope you enjoy!