Of course it is nothing new that everything is better with bacon. Have you ever met anything that wasn't? Hamburgers, grilled cheese, potato soup, pizza are but a few things that are improved by adding bacon. The same can be said for mayonnaise!
This recipe is very simple and only uses basic ingredients. You've never had mayo till you have had BACON MAYO!!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Place the slices of bacon on cookie sheets and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp
- Remove from oven and place slices on folded paper towels to soak up excess fat
- Pour the left over bacon fat from the cookie sheets into a glass measuring cup
- If you don't have 2/3 cup, then fill to that measurement with olive oil and mix thoroughly
- In your electric mixer bowl, put the yolks, mustard and vinegar and beat on slow.
- Make sure your bacon fat is cool, THIS IS IMPORTANT! It cannot be hotter than room termperature
- Take your measuring cup of bacon fat and slowly dribble it into the mixing bowl
- When you are done adding the fat, add the garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix for one minute on slow, scraping the sides of the mixing bowl
- Finely chop half the bacon into as small a pieces as you can, or use a food processor and add slowly to the mixing bowl, beating on slow until it is completely mixed.
Use the other half of the bacon to make yourself a BLT :)
This mayo will keep in the refrigerator for about 5 days. Makes about a cup and a half.
This mayonnaise is heavenly on just about anything you put it on, especially sandwiches like turkey or ham. It is also delicious on hamburgers, or try using it the next time you make potato or pasta salad, I guarantee people will rave! Add new dimension to your ranch dip next time you make it by adding this instead of regular mayonnaise.