Today I have a simple, easy to make recipe for chalk paint. Why spend the higher price to buy chaulk paint for your country project? Make your own! It is not complicated or expensive!
- 1 cup latex paint (any color)
- 1 tablespoon plaster of Paris (shift or stir well to break up clumps before using)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Add plaster of paris to paint and mix well. I use a spoon so I can press any clumps against the side of the bowl to break them up.
- Slowly add hot water (must be very hot) and stir well until smooth.
- Stir extremely well and use!
- You do not need to use primer, as chalk paint is self-priming and will adhere to most any surface without sanding.
- Chalk paint is the best paint to use if you plan to distress the wood you are painting.
- The finished look of chalk paint gives your project an old, vintage look. It is the most popular paint for getting the perfect rustic country or shabby chic look.
The owner of Homemade by Jade is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com as well as other retail websites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.