- 3/4 cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
Not only are these ingredients found in almost every kitchen, they are also extremely inexpensive. Much less so than store bought drain cleaners.
- baking soda (6 ounces = $.24)
- vinegar (4 ounces = $.20)
- lemon juice (2 ounces = $.12)
- Simply pour the baking soda into the clogged drain
- Pour in the lemon juice
- Slowly pour in the vinegar
- Cover the drain with a plug or saucer
- Wait for 30 minutes (do not use the sink)
- Remove the plug and run hot water for 3 minutes
- If the clog persists, repeat, but I have never had to.
This recipe has saved me a lot of money and it also makes me feel better that I am not pouring more harsh chemicals into the sewer system to end up poisoning the earth.
I hope you find it as useful as I have,