- Cut off the tip and dispose of.
- Slice the pepper in whole slices up to the point the pepper is about 3/4 of an inch in diameter and then stop.
- These whole smaller circles are what I dehydrate, as they are large enough to handle the shrinkage.
- I cut the stem end off and slit the pepper down the side and push out the seeds and guts with my thumb.
- I chop the rest of the pepper into smaller pieces (for cooking) and put them in a bag to freeze.
- Feed them to your chickens, ducks, or goats, if you have them.
- Put them in your compost pile (this is what I do)
- Toss them out in your grass for the birds and squirrels. Do NOT toss them in your garden, you don't want to attract the little beggars to your as yet unharvested produce.