I made the most delicious pasta salad this afternoon, I wanted to share right away, so you could make it for your weekend! We are going to have a working holiday weekend, so I wanted to prepare something that would stay delicious all weekend that we could eat with stuff we will be making on the grill as well as grab and go sandwich lunches that we will be eating while we finish building our new chicken coop and change it out with the one we are using now.
We have so many zucchini, I decided to center the salad around them. I love zucchini because the flesh is firm and it stays that way, even when bathed in dressing for a few days. When this pasta salad was done and I tasted it, I was delighted at how it turned out.
It is so flavorful, and I bet it will be even more tasty after it marinades in the dressing over night!
Pasta Salad Ingredients:
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 large zucchini, sliced fairly thin and each round cut in half
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- 1 cup of mozzarella cubes, 1/2 inch
- 1/2 cup red pepper chopped medium
- 1/4 cup radishes, chopped small
- 1/2 cup fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- pea pods
- green peppers
- black or green olives