This recipe is about as easy as it gets. Only three ingredients, and no cooking or baking. This crust is great for just about any type of pie, and you can make it in less than half an hour. Check it out!
Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of real butter, at room temperature
- Double zipper bag the graham crackers and crush them with a rolling pin or jar bottom
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and stir until the dough sticks together
- Press into a 9” pie pan with your fingers and refrigerate for at least one hour before using
If you are making a fall type pie, like pumpkin or apple, you can add a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg to the dough before mixing. You can also substitute the sugar with any type of artificial sweetner, since this crust is not going to be heated. I have also pulverized a half cup of walnuts with my nut grinder and added them to the dough. It adds a wonderful nutty flavor to the crust, but you will have to add a bit more butter when you add nuts.
If you are in a hurry and need a dessert, toss this crust together, with instant pudding on the bottom and whipped cream on top for a yummy pie. My favorite is banana pudding with crushed pineapple in it, with whipped cream on top sprinkled with toasted coconut. I call it Pina Colada Pie. It is yummy!
It does not get much easier than that this pie crust and that is what we need on this snowy Monday!