Today I have a simple, easy to make recipe for chalk paint. Why spend the higher price to buy chaulk paint for your country project? Make your own! It is not complicated or expensive!
- 1 cup latex paint (any color)
- 1 tablespoon plaster of Paris (shift or stir well to break up clumps before using)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Add plaster of paris to paint and mix well. I use a spoon so I can press any clumps against the side of the bowl to break them up.
- Slowly add hot water (must be very hot) and stir well until smooth.
- Stir extremely well and use!
- You do not need to use primer, as chalk paint is self-priming and will adhere to most any surface without sanding.
- Chalk paint is the best paint to use if you plan to distress the wood you are painting.
- The finished look of chalk paint gives your project an old, vintage look. It is the most popular paint for getting the perfect rustic country or shabby chic look.