If you are anything like me, you love sloppy joes! The worst thing about these delicious hot sandwiches is making them. You had two choices:
- Buy an expensive, preservative laden can of "Manwich" or something similar
- Make them from scratch, which includes many ingredients and a lot of time
Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
Combine all the ingredients and store in an airtight container.
Combine 2 tablespoons of sloppy joe seasoning with 1 pound of ground beef or turkey and 2/3 cup of tomato sauce or ketchup. Cook meat and simmer in sauce for 15 minutes and serve.
Fresh Sloppy Joe Seasoning Recipe
If you would rather make fresh sloppy joe seasonings, you can use this recipe. It is really delicious if you have the time to make it all from scratch.
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes (I usually use Rotel because I like spice!) (click for Rotel recipe)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce (Click for a worcestershire recipe)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (click for how to make homemade brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown or yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- red pepper flakes to taste, if you like spicy
- 1 pound ground beef
- In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, sugar, mustard, chili powder, and water. Whisk until mixed and set aside.
- Over medium heat, saute the onion and pepper until traslucent.
- Add ground beef and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cook meat until done and drain all excess fat.
- Pour in the tomato sauce mixture and stir until mixed.
- Simmer for 20 minutes
The owner of Homemade by Jade is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com as well as other retail websites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.