- Take everything out of your medicine cabinet
- Sort and categorize everything. One category for each family member and one category for stuff everyone uses.
- Get rid of all medicines that are out of date, all items that are broken or close to empty and all items that no longer apply to your family. Things like such infant medications if you have no babies, or pregnancy vitamins if you are not pregnant.
- Consolidate everything you can. Such as boxes of bandaids and bottles of vitamins. If you have more than one of something put the excess in a shoebox and keep it in a cabinet or your linen closet until it is needed.
- Remove items that you rarely use and place them in the shoe box with the extras. Items like oversized bandaids, ace bandages, and epsom salt. Also remove anything that does not belong in the medicine cabinet, like make up or nail polish and put it where it belongs.
These items are the things we use on a regular basis. Everything else is placed in the shoebox in the cabinet. Everyone knows to keep their items on their own shelf. The penalty for something of yours being found on the wrong shelf, is cleaning the whole bathroom. This system works great as long as everyone cooperates.
This combo set is a great way to get a trio of great organizers for your medicine cabinet or your makeup drawer.
I love to use organizers, I think they help to keep things neat simply by being there. They remind me that there is a place for everything, and it's easy to put it back in