The one thing that embodies all the flavors of fall is spicy, mulled cider. It is one of my favorite drinks of the fall season, so I wanted to share my recipe with you.
- Place cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, orange slices, and lemon slices in a saucepan.
- Pour in apple juice, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and when it stops boiling, add maple syrup.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting, cover and simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove cover and stir.
- Leave uncovered and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Add rum or bourbon, if desired
- Remove from heat and serve in mugs with a slice of orange and cinnamon stick
Have a great weekend and enjoy the beginning of fall!