Make your krispie treats in the traditional manner. If you don't have the recipe, here's a link to the original site with the recipe: Original Rice Krispie Treat Recipe.
Sour Lemon Glaze
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium pan
- In a separate bowl combine water, egg yolk, and lemon juice
- Pour this mixture slowly into the saucepan.
- With the heat on low, stir until mixture comes to a gentle boil
- When mixture has thickened, add butter and lemon zest and stir
- Allow to cool a little bit, but not enough to set
- With a pastry brush, brush the glaze over the top of the rice krispie treats in two to three layers. DO NOT POUR glaze on the krispies or you will have a soggy mess. The key to flavor and crispiness is to brush the glaze on top.
- Sprinkle with green sugar crystals, immediately, so they will stick to the glaze.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Feb 18 Paula Atwell How to Catch a Leprechaun (me)
Feb 19 Jennifer Dickison Shamrock Craft for Kids – Bleeding Art Tissue Paper
Feb 20 Corrinna Johnson Rainbow In A Jar | Free Rainbow Printables
Feb 21 Elyn MacInnis Celtic Knot Cookies – perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day tea!
Feb 23 Mamta Motiyani Lucky Irish Four-Leaf Clover Free Crochet Pattern
Feb 24 Tracey Boyer St. Patrick’s Day Treat – Lemon Glazed Krispie Treats
Feb 26 Ann-Marie Rohe Quick & Easy Grasshopper Brownie Bites
Feb 28 Jessica Peace-Urgelles Old Irish Blessing Printable: St Patrick’s Day
Mar 2 Chrisy Gallagher Kostecke St. Patrick’s Day Decorations
Mar 3 Stefany Thode Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes with Avocado Buttercream Frosting