Make your krispie treats in the traditional manner. If you don't have the recipe, here's a link to the original site with the recipe: Original Rice Krispie Treat Recipe.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium pan
- In a separate bowl combine water, egg yolk, and lemon juice
- Pour this mixture slowly into the saucepan.
- With the heat on low, stir until mixture comes to a gentle boil
- When mixture has thickened, add butter and lemon zest and stir
- Allow to cool a little bit, but not enough to set
- With a pastry brush, brush the glaze over the top of the rice krispie treats in two to three layers. DO NOT POUR glaze on the krispies or you will have a soggy mess. The key to flavor and crispiness is to brush the glaze on top.
- Sprinkle with green sugar crystals, immediately, so they will stick to the glaze.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!