Everyone loves going to the beach, from children to adults. What could be more fun.....wading, swimming, building sand castles, playing volleyball, or just relaxing and reading. However there are some dangers at the beach, but it is easy to prepare for these dangers and protect yourself and your loved ones. All you have to do is pack a few essentials and you are good to go!
1. Sun Screen - a good SPF15 with broad-spectrum or multi-spectrum protection for both UVB and UVA should be good for all but the most fair skinned. SPF30 is only 4% more effective that SPF15, so I stick with the latter. Make sure you put it on correctly, for tips on application and some other good sun screen info see the video below:
3. Flip Flops or Water Shoes - Wearing flip flops or water shoes at the beach and while swimming is imperative. Not only will it save your feet from being burned on the hot sand, but it will also protect you from stepping on things that can cut your feet like glass or metal hidden in the sand. Wearning them while swimming will protect your feet from stepping on any marine life that could bite or sting you and also from cutting your feet on rocks, shells
5. Sun Hat- A nice straw sun hat not only looks cute, but will shade your face from the sun and getting sunburned. This does not mean that you do not need to wear sunscreen!
6. Sunglasses - Sunglasses are important to protect your eyes from bright sunlight and the glare of sunlight off water.
8. High Energy Snacks - The sun and swimming can drain your energy quickly, so it is always good to bring along some high protein snacks like nuts, trail mix or granola bars. They will help keep your energy level up so you won't feel so exhausted when you get home from the beach.
9. Clock or Watch - It is important to keep an eye on the time. Too much time in the water or on the beach will lead to sunburn or worse. It is better to stay out of the sun during the middle of the day when the rays are at their strongest.
10. Cooler Full of Ice and Water Bottles - The best way to stay hydrated is to drink water. It is especially important when you are sweating continually. Water out, water in......remember this when you go to the beach!
Have a great week,
12 Grilling Tips I Bet You Didn't Know
5 Easy Ways to Stop Wasting Food
Dogs and Heatstroke - What You Need to Know
The owner of Homemade by Jade is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com as well as other retail websites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.