Footprints, hand prints and paw prints are easy and fun to make and share. Below are the easy instructions.
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup water (more or less to gain the proper consistency)
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, adding water a bit at a time until it resembles Play Doh. (you can add food coloring if you like)
2. Place the ball of dough on a ceramic dinner plate sprayed with non stick cooking spray
3. Flatten dough to approximately 3/4"
4 Shape the edges be round or square or whatever shape you like. Punch out holes with a straw, at the top, if you plan to hang on a ribbon.
5. Dust the baby foot, hand or pet paw you plan to imprint with cornstarch
6 Press it carefully into the dough, pressing down about 1/2" deep
7. Take the impression (still on the plate) and place in the freezer for 30 minutes
8. Remove from freezer, you should be able to remove the stiffened dough from the plate
9. Place dough on a cooking sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray
10 Bake at 200 degrees for 3 hours.
Once cooled you can paint these and embellish them with glitter, bows, anything your heard desires. Makes a thoughtful gift that means a lot because it's homemade.
Have a great week,
These two books are favorites of mine for other dough craft projects