First let's make the pumpkin spice from scratch, because it tastes so much better when made with fresh, organic ingredients.
If you don't have the ingredients, or don't want to make your own Pumpkin Spice, I recommend Simply Organic. I have used it in the past and it is really delicious!
Now I want to share with you three of my favorite recipes that use pumpkin spice. All of them have been adjusted a bit over the years to achieve perfection, or at least ultimate deliciousness, in our opinion. (the hubby and I) Feel free to adjust it to your own liking!
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
Spicy Pumpkin Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- With an electric mixer, mix the 2 cups of sugar and the butter in a mixing bowl until smooth
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy
- Place the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and whisk until mixed
- Slowly add flour and spice mixture to the wet ingredients in the bowl until thoroughly mixed and dough forms
- Place plastic wrap over the mixing bowl and chill dough in the refrigerator for one hour
- Place the remaining sugar in a small bowl with a pinch of cinnamon and stir.
- Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray
- Drop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet with a teaspoon, leaving 2 inches of space between cookies
- Flatten the cookies down a bit with the back of the spoon, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake until golden, 7 to 10 minutes
- Heat oven to 350º F
- Grease bottom and side of 10 inch springform pan
- In the mixing bowl of an electric mixer, place brown sugar, pumpkin spice, milk, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin puree and beat on slow till well mixed
- Remove bowl from mixer, and stir in bread cubes, raisins and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, manually.
- Cover with a towel and let stand for 10 minutes
- Pour into springform pan. Sprinkle the rest of the pecans on top.
- Bake 50 minutes and stick a knife into the middle. If it comes out clean, remove from oven, if not, then bake for 10 more minutes and try the knife again. Keep baking in ten minute increments until the knife comes out clean.
- Let the pudding cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then remove the side of the springform pan and serve warm.
Have a great weekend,