Autumn is in full swing! Colorful leaves, crisp air and best of all the holidays are coming! This pumpkin cake has always been a family favorite for autumn. It is a delicious cake to bring to a family dinner, or a Halloween party. I love to make it just for me to have as an afternoon snack on the deck with a big mug of coffee made with gingerbread flavored cream. For the coffee cream recipe see my post: Gingerbread Flavored Coffee Cream
Let's start with the cake recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray Bundt cake pan with cooking spray and set aside
- With an electric mixer, combine oil and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, alternating with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- When well combined, add flour slowly.
- Add salt and all spice and beat for one minute
- Add pumpkin a spoon at a time until well mixed.
- Pour into the Bundt pan and place in preheated oven
- Bake one hour, or until a knife inserted comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes
- Turn pan upside down over a wire cooling rack and let it finish cooling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- With an electric mixer on low, whisk the milk into the powdered sugar until smooth
- Add cinnamon, melted butter, and vanilla and beat until combined
- Add pumpkin and beat for two minutes or until totally free of lumps
- Pour slowly over the cooled cake and allow it to dribble down the sides
- While the glaze is still soft, you can put toppings on, like chopped walnuts, pecans or shelled pumpkin seeds!