If you love bacon, this recipe is one you will want to keep. The delicious smoky flavor, the salty goodness, the delightful creaminess, this gravy has it all. It is delicious over biscuits, omelets, potatoes, meat......basically anything you want to put it on. It is the perfect gravy for just about any food.
So here it is, for all you bacon lovers: Bacon Gravy!
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings
- 2 pieces of bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 cups milk, divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat drippings in a skillet until liquid and add flour a bit at a time, stirring constantly
- When mixture is smooth, reduce heat and stir for 15 minutes until the color darkens to medium brown
- Add salt and pepper, and then add milk a small amount at a time, stirring constantly, until totally combined and smooth.
- Add crumbled bacon
- Simmer over low heat and stir until it reduces to the consistency you like
I am a fan of mushrooms so many times I include a 1/3 cup of mushrooms to this gravy and it makes it even better. You can put other things in it as well such as onions or peppers.
It is versatile as well as delicious! Have a great week!