I really love fruit cobbler, do you know anyone that doesn't? My favorite is blueberry with vanilla ice cream. My husband is crazy for peach. We both love apple. I have also made some mixed fruit cobblers like:
- Apple pear
- Peach mango
- Cherry plum
- Strawberry rhubarb
Any kind of fruit makes a wonderful cobbler, that is why I love this recipe, you can make it with any fruit.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter in an 8 x 8 inch square glass baking dish and place dish in the oven
- When butter has melted, remove pan from oven.
- In a medium mixing bowl place flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder and milk and beat on medium till a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour batter into glass dish, then arrange the fruit evenly over the batter.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake until batter browns and fruit is bubbling, about 50 minutes.
If you don't eat it all in the first sitting, just cover it with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator. If you prefer to eat it hot, you can reheat it in the microwave.
This recipe is so easy and quick, it is the perfect summer dessert or treat. Make sure you have some ice cream on hand!